blog

It has been awhile since we posted any blog entries, simply because we have been remarkably busy.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of our staff at Priority Networking who have helped tremendously over this last year. We have incredible staff and are blessed to consider them a part of our team. Special thanks to Scott Mellish, Nathan Campton, Mike Kelley, Joe Hydzik and Joanie Hurley for all of their help.

- In the last year we purchased and implemented over 250 computers for clients, implemented 7 new physical servers with 11 virtual servers, 9 new firewalls and closed over 1,500 tickets. We helped our clients expand offices into the Seattle, Kennewick, Moses Lake, Pullman and Boise regions. And we are currently providing IT Manageme...

Read more

We have had a very exciting first month of 2017!
We were lucky enough to acquire a fairly large client here in the Inland Northwest. They are currently our largest client with 140 computers, 5 servers and multiple locations. We just ordered a new server and have a schedule of replacing all 140 computers (10 per month) over the next 14 months. We are also moving all 250 total employees to Office 365 and have just rolled our Symantec Endpoint Protection to all users.

Additionally, we are finalizing another server roll-out to another one of our newer clients. They also have four offices and we are connecting all their remote sites to the main office here in Spokane. We are excited about this client as this is expanding Priority Networki...

Read more

This week has been an interesting week. We were contacted by a company that was having slow internet and application issues with their current IT Support Company.

We arrived onsite to perform a brief troubleshooting and possible consulting of the network. Within just a few minutes we found that the clients DNS routing was not configured correctly. At the request of the office manager we made changes to the DNS and within minutes found the internet working much faster.

Next, we were asked to address slow applications on the server. We noticed the server had two programs running at 49% each of CPU usage and found those programs to be Bit Coin Mining applications. We terminated and removed the programs and again, within minutes users w...

Read more

Today proved to be another interesting day... We took on a new client recently and found that all 48 computers in the facility were custom built computers by a local IT Support company. Many of the computers did not have COA's and we have been performing Hardware and Software Audits of the clients' infrastructure.

While setting up the clients offsite backup, (they never had one), we found on the server a license file that contained Volume Licensing that not only did not belong to this said client, but belonged to a local non-profit company. We asked the Supervisor of the company if they had any knowledge of this spreadsheet and they were in the dark and pointed to their previous IT Support Company.

The next day I had a conversation wi...

Read more